Thursday, October 30, 2014

Toasted Marshmallow Rice Krispies Treats

It's only Thursday and I've already made rice krispies treats twice this week. This time around I wanted to do something a little different so I toasted the marshmallows in the oven first and now, I really don't see how I could ever go back to the traditional route again. The toasted marshmallow flavor is subtle but it really kicks the rice krispies treats up a notch. The recipe is super simple and toasting the marshmallows doesn't add any time so they're a quick and easy treat!


Toasted Marshmallow Rice Krispies Treats

Ingredients:    
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 10 oz. bag of large or small marshmallows
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 6 c. Rice Krispies Cereal

Directions:

Line 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and baking sheet with parchment paper set aside. Melt butter on low heat, once melted add vanilla extract and cook for additional 2 minutes and turn off. 

There are two options for toasting the marshmallows, I wanted mine just a little over-toasted edging on burnt so I broiled my marshmallows for roughly 2 minutes. If you aren't sure about your quick reflexes (since broiling things often ends in a burnt mess) you can also toast them at 425 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Either way, I suggest turning your oven light on and watching them intently.


In a large nonstick bowl add melted butter and vanilla mixture, then add toasted marshmallows (a spatula sprayed with cooking spray is great for getting the marshmallows off the parchment paper), blend until well combined. Add Rice Krispies Cereal and stir until combined. 



Pour Rice Krispies mixture into lined baking sheet and use a spatula sprayed with cooking spray or another piece of parchment paper to press the mixture firmly together.


Cut when cooled.


These Toasted Marshmallow Rice Krispies Treats are definitely being added to my fall treat list! I hope you enjoy as much as I do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment