Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weekend Recap and Some Baby Registry Favorites

Halloween has officially come and gone which means for the next month or so I will be fighting in internal battle of being overly-excited for Christmas and trying to stop myself from decorating and trying to embrace fall a little bit longer. Which may explain why I'm watching Christmas movies while looking up Thanksgiving recipes and have already hit up Starbucks for some peppermint mocha red cup action!



 Trunk-or-Treat was a pretty big success for us, Xander not only got candy but he had a blast passing out candy to other kids, unless they were dressed like monsters or didn't say "Halloween" back, his version of "Happy Halloween". After a few meltdowns we finally got to head home and on Saturday he was asking when Christmas is and if he can still wear his Halloween costume, I guess he's confused too. I've also made it to my 28th week of pregnancy- this is also the time I went into preterm labor with Xan so I'm trying to take it easy from here on out.


Since I'm in my 7th month of pregnancy so I decided it's probably time I start getting all the gear I want together or purchased if I don't have it already and with that brought on the insane feeling I had when I was registering when I was pregnant with Xander, there were so many options and recommendations that I just got overwhelmed and wanted to leave. But now, Xan is almost 3 and baby  #2 is just a few months away and I now feel (a little more) confident in knowing what is necessary, nice to have, and not necessary. So I wanted to share those with you! Obviously there a few basic things babies absolutely need; a crib/bassinet/co-sleeper, diapers, wipes, clothes, etc. These are just  a few favorites finds that I always recommend to moms-to-be when registering.


Baby Registry Favorites

The Angelcare monitor is fantastic, it offers a pad that goes under the mattress and it detects baby movement, if 20 seconds go by without movement an alarm sounds. This one also shows the temperature of baby's room.

We had a crib already but when Xander was a newborn I wasn't comfortable putting him in his nursery alone. So, we got an Armsreach Ideal Co-Sleeper and it really made things easier. You can put the co-sleeper right up to your bed so you can easily see and reach them which is also great for breastfeeding.  The co-sleeper also folds up quickly and is very compact making it easy to take it with you anywhere.

Swaddle wraps are great to have too, you know baby will be swaddled correctly even when you're so exhausted you're wearing two different shoes (because that will happen). We had two different kinds and I recommend them both;  the Summer Infant SwaddleMe was nice and it kept Xander warm without being too warm. The Woombie was our second pick and we loved it too, I personally think it breathes better and it is super soft.

Tommee Tippee bottles! We went through a ridiculous amount of bottles and found Tommee Tippee to be the best. Xander not only had no problem taking them but they're 3 simple parts which makes it easier to clean and put together. These bottles were even great for breast milk and there are many flow options so you can find what works best for baby.

Finally, for momma: Lansinoh HPA and Lansinoh TheraPearl both of these will make breastfeeding so much more comfortable especially in those first few weeks!

I'll create another list as I remember all my favorites,  hope you all had a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment