Friday, April 17, 2015

Oliver, the 3 month update, & Modern Burlap

Each month that has passed since Ollie arrived I find myself looking at the calendar and saying "When did this happen?! Didn't I just have him??" Maybe it's the permanent pregnancy brain or the exhaustion from constantly being pulled in two different directions by a 3 month old and a 3 year old but yet again, here we are. This little guy has started giggling (aren't baby giggles the best?!), he's started cooing at us, and is getting pretty great at swatting at toys! And of course, I can't forget his crazy awesome old man hair.
It has been just over 3 months since Oliver was born and I still feel like I'm doing this for the first time all over again, I never expected Ollie to be so different from his older brother, it should have been my first clue when the two pregnancies were night and day different. Oliver still prefers to be held- all the time and will only sleep if he is swaddled. Because of this two products have saved my sanity- Boba carriers and Modern Burlap swaddles. I purchased the Boba 4g carrier to help ease things along. I love my Boba wrap but it has been consistently in the 70s & 80s here and this boy sweats so much, I needed something that would allow some air to get to him and cool him off! I really can't say enough good things about the carrier, I carry him probably 4-7 hours out of the day and have had no problems at all, its easy to get on, Ollie is super comfortable, and my back never hurts so- win, win, & win! If you're looking into carriers, I highly recommend you give the 4g a chance.

We are also going crazy over these muslin blankets from Modern Burlap, they are much bigger than the usual muslin blankets which is great, making swaddling a 13 lb baby much easier. But they also create a big play area blanket where Oliver can kick and stretch his legs. The monochrome blankets are also great at catching Ollie's attention, he loves to stare at the black and white patterns. A swaddled baby is so adorably sweet and makes them feel so secure and loved, Modern Burlap will also donate one blanket to someone in need with every blanket purchased, just select the 'One for One' option when perusing the blankets to spread the love and comfort to other babies in need!


Have a great weekend friends!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment